Sunday, June 29, 2008

German TV Show

I got a call Friday from the German TV Show who wants to interview us. At first I thought it was a telemarketer and I was just about to hang up when she said she was calling from Germany. Her name is Natascha and she is a producer with ARD German Public Television. I think it is like PBS. We talked for quite a while. 1:30pm to me was almost midnight for her! She said she found the agency we are using online and she choose to do a story with that agency based on all of the good reviews she has heard. Which is true. She said surrogacy is banned in Germany. Anything to do with embryos is illegal there. She went on to say that while this was good in some respects, (they can't use embryos for research) it is frustrating in other ways. Many childless couples would like to use fertility options to start a family and they can't. So she wants to do a story on surrogacy to show how surrogacy can be a good thing and how it isn't illegal in the US and to show German couples what their options would be in the States. So she asked me a lot of preliminary questions about the process and our family. She said she wants to begin filming on June 7th through the 18th and she wants to film us at our house and at the agency with "E". She also wants to do some 'reality' filming of me giving myself some of the injections. (Swell, All of Germany will see me crying like a big baby.) So she ended the conversation saying she will be in touch and she asked me if I wanted her to bring me any German chocolate when she comes out here! Instant best friend!
So now my biggest concern is the fact that I will have to clean our house really good because we are going to be on TV!!!

No comments: