Today began a different routine of medications in preperation for Sunday. The Lupron I had been taking (a daily injection into my stomach) is over but now begins the Progesterone. This is a muscle shot. The rest of the shots I have to take from here on out will all be muscle shots. These can go in the side of my thigh or into the top of my back hips. The Estradiol is also a muscle shot and that is given every Tuesday and Friday. Progesterone is everyday.
Last Friday I gave myself the Estradiol shot into my left hip and I suffered the most horrible reaction. The needles only went in 3/4 of the way before it began hurting really bad and usually it doesn't hurt at all. I quickly injected the medicine and pulled the needle out and suddenly I had wave after wave nausea roll over me and blood filled my ears, all I could hear was a roaring sound and I was soon covered in sweat and shaking. I really felt as if I was going to die. I thought to myself, 'this is it. I have finally injected the dreaded air bubble and now it is racing toward my heart'. So I ran outside to get some air before I died but after about 10 minutes I felt better and I wasn't dead and I wasn't nauseous anymore either. Unfortunately, this little incident has made me afraid to give myself shots now because I don't know what caused that but I don't ever want it to happen again. 'E' thinks I may have had a panic attack and the nurse said I probably hit a nerve. Regardless, I have been dreading the inevitable approach of daily intramuscular injections. Thankfully Kelley is training to become a nurse so I have generously allowed her to give me my injections as practice. The two shots she has given me so far have been fine. Not wanting to bother Kelley everyday, this morning I went ahead and gave myself the Progesterone shot. This shot is in oil, so right after I give it I had to put heat on the spot and go put the massager on the spot to spread out the oil. The spot is still very sore. The Progesterone will have to continue to be given every day for several weeks (unless the transfer is unsuccessful). In addition to the daily Progesterone oil injections and the bi-weekly Estradiol injections, I am taking Doxycycline pills twice a day and 4 Mederol pills in the morning along with the 12 prenatal pills I take a day. All of these medications need to be taken with food so I feel that I am gaining weight just having to eat several times day. I pray every day that this transfer works so I don't have to repeat all of this next month! As much as I complain, the reality of my suffering is small compared to the joy a baby will bring to "T" and "E".
"E" had her egg retrieval today, I wonder how it went?
Our transfer is scheduled for 10:30 am Sunday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment