

We had our transfer today. We got to Westlake Village in Los Angeles a little before 10am and "T and E" showed up shortly after. We were all very nervous because none of us knew how the embryos were doing or even if we would be able to use them. One of the ladies from the agency came by to wish us well and she gave "E" and I gifts. I got a beautiful watch and "E" was given a lovely candle from the agency. Then "E" gave me a gift, a beautiful card and a candle. While we were waiting, we began talking with an English woman in the waiting room. She had a distinct English accent and she looked to be in her late 40's. She was alone and she had just been given Valium in anticipation of her embryo transfer. She told us she was transferring her own eggs back into her own body. (?) She was very interested in the fact that we were all 4 working together and she asked a lot of questions about the agency and surrogacy. Soon she began venting in her lovely English accent about the unfairness of 'fat, poxy, druggie women in this country with cigarettes in one hand and a Mac Donald hamburger in the other, pregnant and pushing a pram of dirty children while others eat organically, take care of themselves, take acupuncture and still can't have children'. I just kept my mouth shut and marveled over the effects of Valium while "E' sympathized with her. Then the English woman asked "E' and I how we met. Before I could even answer "E" says very sweetly and seriously, "In prison". Sean and I laughed for a long time at the look on that lady's face! Then "T" says, "Welcome to my wife.." The mood lightened as the conversations continued. "T and E' are very funny and they kept us all laughing until the doctor came in.
So finally Dr. Feinman called us all back into the conference room and on the table was a picture of 2 growing embryos, pictures just taken, showing us that the embryos were alive and well. One was 6 cells and one was 4. So we were very excited and then all 6 of us went into a room approx. 8' x 8' and Dr. Feinman 'prepped' me while the others crowded in the corner. I had been previously instructed to wear no lotion, deodorant, perfume or anything that could effect the air aroud the embryos. Then the embryologist came in with a tiny straw and after she made sure we were the right people and that our names matched, Dr. Feinman transferred the 2 embryos. We could see on the monitor a tiny bubble holding the embryos and it floated away. That was it. I had to stay laying down for about 30 minutes while we all chatted. I kept trying to ask the doctor questions about the quality of the embryos and if I should be aware of any warning signs and finally he just looked at me and kindly said, "Leave it in God's hands where it belongs." Okie-dokie, says I. "T" was very emotional and he kept telling us 'thank you'. "E" finally patted "T' and told him not to be so upset, college tuition wouldn't be tooo bad. She is so funny, we just love her. That's when we realized that I wasn't given any Valium for the procedue. I felt slightly gyped. I assumed it was because the English woman wasn't as 'hearty' as I was.
We then came home and I am on bed rest until Wednesday. I can begin doing home pregnancy tests on Friday or Saturday and possibly see results but our official pregnancy/blood test is in Pasadena on Wednesday of next week.
No comments:
Post a Comment