Monday, August 4, 2008

Results Tomorrow...

Based mostly on the fact that Kelley has plans for Wednesday, my mother is out of town, and Tom works, I called the HRC nurse to ask if I could bring the kids to my doctor appointment Wednesday seeing as how it was just for blood work and she said NO, to come on Thursday. I said I did not really want to wait until Thursday, is tomorrow too early? She said it's not too early, but if I go tomorrow, I will have to go again Thursday if it comes back positive. If it is negative, then I will know tomorrow that it is negative. So I changed the appointment to Tuesday and when I told T & E I got the impression (and some quick emails) that they weren't thrilled. They called the nurse and she tells them that it would certainly be better to go Thursday. She said to them (which she did not say to me) that unless the levels were really high tomorrow, the only results we would get tomorrow would be a 'negative' or a 'maybe'. So after several emails back and forth, I made the decision to go ahead and go tomorrow for the sake of being able to know something, even if it is a definite negative. Perhaps if I were not full of hormones, I would have more patience but right now I am not only impatient but now stressed and irritated that E & T might be somewhat upset with my decision. I don't want them regretting this process or thinking this is a bad sign of things to come. I have been trying to convince them that I really am a dream to work with but today may not have been such a great example.
I guess I should have just went with their obvious wishes of waiting till Thursday but at this point, I have to think of the potential embryos. If they are alive, stress is not good for them so at the expense of their parents feelings, I had to just insist on going to the doctor tomorrow...

No comments: