Monday, May 26, 2008

Moving Forward

We have an appointment to speak with our lawyer Tuesday night. We have been given the draft of the 37 page contract and we have been instructed to read over it. Everything in there seems clear and fair, we feel well represented. The life insurance policy I am to receive for the duration of the surrogacy has been set up and I have been enrolled into a health plan, effective June 1st because I don't have insurance currently. I have decided to go to Loma Linda Hospital for the delivery but I'm not sure yet which OBGYN doctor they will have me use. I forwarded the list of good doctors Tracy gave me to the company so I'm hoping I'll be able to choose for myself. I'm not too thrilled about having to drive to Loma Linda every time I need to see the doctor, it's an easy 50 minute drive away, but it's the closest reputable hospital around. Luckily, my 3 previous pregnancies have all been low risk so I didn't have to go to the doctor all that often. Hopefully when it is time for the baby to come, I'll be induced because if I were in the middle of labor, it might be hard to make it to Loma Linda in time. This will be baby #4!
Meanwhile, we got a call from "S" telling us a reputable television producer wants to do a reality show/series on surrogacy and they were wondering if we would be interested in being one of the couples on the show. "E" and "T" were excited about it. It's something that would be on TLC or Lifetime, not primetime makeover or apprentice stuff. (I doubt) So we said sure! The company thought we would be good for TV due to our 'good looks, sense of humor and personality'. Hopefully they won't tell us that we would be better suited for Nanny 911 after seeing some home footage.
So our next step will probably be an appointment with the HRC fertility doctor. They said a possible July or August transfer? We will see...

2 comments:

Sister Pam said...

I am so excited for you, and the new couple...and the new baby to come into the world...wonderful. Seeing a new baby never gets old. Mom

Miss Melody said...

Jackie,
I'm so happy for you guys and I will keep you in my prayers. We still need to get together for that b-day breakfast and looks as though you and I have alot of talking and catching up to do. I'm very excited for you guys.
Mel