

I had a doctor appointment Wednesday at the HRC in Pasadena. I got to see my old doctor, Dr. Wilcox. He is the doctor that I routinely saw while I was doing the egg donation a few years back. Their offices have moved, but everything else was the same. Blood work and an ultrasound was done to make sure that I am responding to the Lupron as I should be, and guess what? I am! The doctor cleared me to begin the next stage of medicines, which will be the Estradiol. This is an intra muscular shot and it will be given every 4 days beginning Friday. I will continue the Lupron as I have been. "E" will go to the doctor Friday and then we will know for sure if we are still on schedule based on her body results.
Kelley went with me to Pasadena and we had all four of our kids in tow because we planned on going to a museum afterwards. The old offices were near a park so I assumed Kelley and the kids could go play while I was at the doctor. Unfortunately, the new offices had nothing but an underground parking lot so we had no choice but to take all the kids into the waiting room. This office is a well renown fertility clinic and it is always filled with affluent women and couples in various stages of infertility treatments. The atmosphere generally feels tense and, needless to say, no one has children with them. We tried to squeeze ourselves and our 4 lively kids and stroller into a corner where we didn't feel as conspicuous. Yeah right. I could literally feel everyone's brain silently saying..'..here come the surrogates'. I wondered, too late, if it was insensitive of us to be flaunting our fertile wombs in front of these childless couples who were all shelling out hefty amount to get the very things we were swatting and hushing. We felt as if we were turning up our noses up at a feast in front of the starving. It was very awkward. To pass the time, we taught the kids how to cross their eyes and then we took pictures of them with my phone. Soon we were giggling louder than the kids. Kelley said later that as each of these aloof woman went out the door, their cool demeanors melted as each kindly commented on how wonderful our children were behaving and how adorable they were. I say it's additional proof of the effects of these hormones we are all taking. When these women look at children, they get all mushy and emotional and when I look at them I get annoyed and irritable.
The German TV producer wrote and said that the show schedule has had a few set backs and filming will begin a bit later than expected. So for now, we wait and inject.
No comments:
Post a Comment